Tableau BI Developer
Required Skills (Top 3 Non-Negotiables)
- Tableau (Desktop, Server, Tableau prep builder/Conductor)
- SQL Client Engagement (Req gathering)
- What you like to see on resumes? (nice to have)
- Oracle HCM Cloud
- Microsoft Power BI
- Uses human resources and other system data to design and develop analytic products (e.g. dashboards, reports) using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence) and SQL according to the requirements of the business. These dashboards and reports identify important workforce metrics and trends which are critical for business operations.
Key Job Functions
- Gathers business requirements to design, develop, and deliver interactive data visualizations using Tableau technologies (desktop and server); and also design, develop, and deliver reports using other business intelligence tools (e.g. OBI, Power BI).
- Performs ETL or ELT activities using python/SQL or other tools (e.g. SSMS, TOAD).
- Performs quality control procedures to ensure information accuracy in the data products.
- Creates and modifies analytic products (e.g. dashboards, reports) and associated metrics.
- Maintains analytics library and performs any necessary dashboard and reporting activities.
- Creates standard operating procedures (SOPs) for analytic products (e.g. dashboards, reports) within the analytics library.
- Provides training to clients/customers for the data products (e.g. dashboards, reports) and develops any necessary job aids.
- Performs client relationship activities to include analytic products questions as needed.
- Conducts other data analysis and data consulting activities as required to support client delivery.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience using SQL ETL/ELT to deliver data insights using Tableau
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Proficiency with Tableau Catalog, Tableau Prep Builder, and Tableau Prep Conductor.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 (e.g. Excel, Power Apps, Power Automate, and SharePoint) is a plus.
- Tableau certification is a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL programming languages (i.e. ANSI SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL) to extract data from systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI is a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle HCM Cloud is a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle Business Intelligence tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python is a plus.
- Proficiency with requirements elicitation from client/customer.