.NET Back End Developer
Salt Lake City, UT
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, or other closely related field, plus six (6) years of directly related web and applications development experience in a similar environment, size, and scope; OR can equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Preference given to those with Professional Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, and/or MCSM
- The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific duties and responsibilities will not preclude it from the position.
- Applicants must be prepared to demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Defines application objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities with users throughout development life-cycle; determines design methodologies and tool sets; designs, codes, and conducts user acceptance.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studies and establishes connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Ensures effective development life-cycle by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; troubleshoots development issues and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Ensures web vulnerabilities are protected through development and the education of users.
- Ensures ongoing support and maintenance is met, including internal tech support and external engagements.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots technical issues and identifies modifications needed in applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Shares technology and expertise within the IT organization and mentors junior engineers.
- Stays current with new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participates in educational opportunities; attends online courses for continuous education.
- Provides industry best practices and proof of concepts on latest technology trends.
- Partners and collaborates with the creative team, web designers, Quality Assurance (QA) managers, business systems analysts, project managers, and other software engineers to successfully guide projects to fruition.
- SME with .NET Core, ASP.NET, C#, SQL, JSON and REST APIs
- SME with databases, data design, data warehousing, and data modeling (e.g., MS SQL Server)
- Visual Studio 2017+
- Cloud Development (Azure, Aws..)
Skills and Abilities
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Approach a problem through a logical, systematic, and sequential process
- Facilitate projects and meetings as assigned
- Work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Analyze business and technical processes to determine ways of making them more efficient
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Work with minimal direction, exhibiting self-motivation and a results-focused mindset
- Work collaboratively with internal teams and third-party vendors
- Build websites and online applications
- Provide unit and system level testing on applications