- 5+ yrs exp Individuals in this position have demonstrated experience in the standard concepts, practices, and deliverables related to Business Analysis in support of software development projects. Understands how to gather and document requirements. Has a working knowledge of the software development lifecycle. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Some familiarity with the use of standard market Testing tools.
Specific Services Required
- Work with the agency stakeholders and subject matter experts to become familiar with the current licensing system.
- Lead and participate in process improvement activities with agency personnel based on business requirements and best practices.
- Elicit and document detailed requirements for the DEEP ELMS effort.
- Provide design and configurations services as necessary for implementations within the COTS application.
- Provide traceability and test scripts to facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Design and/or delivering reports, spreadsheets, correspondence, presentations, business cases, change requests, current/proposed process workflows, test cases, and end-user guides to support the ELMS initiatives.
- Work within the project team to assist with implementation configuration, testing, and training as necessary.
- Work under the direction of the ELMS program manager
- Coordinate efforts to assess and recommend potential new system solutions.
- Work closely with DAS-BEST technical teams and provide input regarding solution design per business requirements
- Provide knowledge transfer to state personnel as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- The qualified candidate must have a minimum five (5) years of demonstrated Business Analyst experience including:
- 5+ years of business analysis experience involving large-scale web or multi-platform applications.
- The ability to verify that requirements are testable and to generate testing objectives.
- Working with diversified internal and external stakeholders of varied levels of business knowledge and skills.
- Experience with COTS software implementations and configuration.
- Experience with SQL query tools.
- Developing business process, data, and workflow modelling.
- Developing gap, cost, and risk analysis.
- Experience with data mapping for conversion.
- Proven written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with stakeholder facilitation through LEAN process enhancements or JAD sessions
- Ability to identify and recommend process efficiencies.
- Proficiency with MS-Office tools including MS-Visio, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with customer facing web portals.
- Familiarity with government licensing, inspection, or permitting process is a plus.